Thursday, November 13, 2008

Success and winning some more

This past week has been hard. My seventh graders have been killing other teams. Everyone on the bench has been getting playing time and everyone was making baskets. Last Thursday in the last seconds of our game one of my best players got hurt. At first we thought it was nothing. Then after a night of pain, Dakota, the injuried player, went to the doc. She had a couple separated ribs. Then she had more problems. On Wednesday all my girls were freaking out because Dakota wasn't at school and if your not a school you can not play. During fourth hour one of my players comes running into my room crying, yes I did have a class. Come to find out Dakota's appendix burst and she had to have surgery that morning. So I had a very distraught team Wednesday. They were worried about Dakota and thought that they could not win without her. I talked their ears off telling that that Dakota was not our team and that we could still play well even without her. Before this week we had won all of our games by at least 20 points. So Wednesday we won by 2 points, the girls gave me a heart attack and we won. Giving the girls confidence and more trust in me. tonight we won again but by twelve. They have learned that one player does not make a team. Dakota is a great player and losing her really has caused great stress but we have overcome and will continue to play.

My greatest acheivement this week was doing Brookelyn's hair. Most of you know how awful I am at all the girl stuff. I have a hard enough time doing my own hair. I have tried to get better, hello I have two girls with beautiful red hair and I needed to learn how to do hair. Luckly, thier aunt Marit watches them so they have cute hairdos because she does it. Today, I had to try. I did it. I did Brookelyn's hair. It is not french braids but it is braids. I know I am the most happy and Brookelyn really didn't care, but it made me feel good to know that I am getting better and really being a mom. To be a good mom you have to know how to do hair right? So here are pics of my great success. I know there are many of you reading this and laughing but I am proud of my success. My girls have attitude. 20 points if you know what is showing behind Brookelyn!
Not the greatest but I am sure proud.

Mom do you really have to take a pic of me now???


No comments: