Monday, December 8, 2008

THanksgiving, Christmas and Randomness

Well, this year we finally have enough room to get a real tree. Arik went with his dad and cut one down and hauled it out. We brought it inside the house after the girls went to bed. When Kira woke up the next morning she kept pointing at the tree and going ahahah! She had to make sre that dad knew a tree was in the house. We then decorated and when you have had little apartments and little trees you don't have many decorations. Our tree looks bare but that is okay. We let Brookelyn and Kira hang some of the ordaments. Here is where Brookelyn put them.
All grouped together. We are slowly getting more fo the tree but this year the tree will be pretty bare.


I pulled out the nativity set my grandma gave us. It is one that can't be broke (very nice for our house right now). Here is what Brookelyn did when playing with them. I think it is amazing that she put the baby Jesus in the middle and all the others surronding it. Looking at the baby and protecting it. Truly amazing.


During the Thanksgiving holiday we had the Hemmings (friends from Rexburg), Lance (Alicia Hemming's brother from the Y), my cousin (Brigette from the Y), Garrett (my brother in RExburg), and the Bagshaws (my sis and her family from Pokey). it was great. It was nice to finally have a bi house for everyone to play and run around. No one got sick this year (a first), and we had so much fun. We played late night games, our own Turkey bowl, and Black Friday shopping. It was so nice thanks everyone. Arik put up Christmas lights one afternoon and all the kids had to watch.








It was so much fun and went by way to fast.
School is going good. I really enjoy it. Basketball is over next week. We are now 9 and 0 and it looks very good for us to go undefeated. Which would be awesome.
This week is going to be crazy. Tonight we had the school Christmas party which I planned, then tomorrow is the Church Christmas Party and I am helping with cooking/serving the food. Wednesday our basketball team is going to Aberdeen which is two hours away. Then Thursday is Arik's work party. craziness! On friday the bishop has invited the Elder's quorum presidency and their wives to go to the temple and do a session. So, we might be going to that as well. I still need to mail off Christmas presents. I am done shopping though and have them all wrapped. It is so nice to enjoy the Christmas season (as soon as school is out the students are not acting up and being stupid).
Life is good and I am so grateful for everything. I am grateful for the knowledge I have and all the blessings I have received by being a member of the chruch. I hope everyone enjoys the holiday season for what it really is and not what the world has made it out to be. Enjoy your families and life because it goes by way too fast.




2 comments:

Deanna said...

so fun! we've got lights to spare if you come again before Christmas. I decided not to decorate this year since we are moving. we can always get more lights after the holidays.

Tabitha said...

It is truly amazing how insync our lives still are we just don't know it. We also hosted our first thanksgiving dinner party (it was with some friends from the ward and their kids but still) we also just put up our very first Christmas tree (at least one larger than 18 inches). We didn't cut ours down but got a fresh one from the tree lot...it isn't big only 5 feet...and even though we have been collecting decorations for the past 5 years it is still a little sparce. Anyways, we might be across the country but it sounds like we are pretty insync still. Happy Wednesday:)