Friday, August 7, 2009

Kids say the darnest... he is the greatest ever

Side note: I have still not gone through all my pics yet but that will be soon.


Yesterday the girls had thier 4th and 2nd brithday check ups.

Brookelyn is:

39 1/2 inches tall

34 pounds


Kira is:

33 1/2 inches tall

30 pounds


The doctor told me that Brookelyn could get her school shots this year instead of waiting for next year. I said go for it. (she is starting preschool). I leaned over and told Brookelyn that she will be getting a couple of shots. A minute or two later Brookelyn said in a crying voice, "I don't want to be shot. I don't want to die. I want to live!!!" I busted up laughing and the doctor had tears in his eyes from laughing. I told her, "medicine shots, not gun shots. They are so you don't get sick and so you can go to school." she felt better after that.


Kira went first getting her shot. I told the nurse who was giving the shot that Kira has never cried getting shots before. The nurse gave Kira the shot and Kira... laughed. The nurse said it was the first time ever that a kid laughed when getting a shot. (It must be all the fat on those thunder thighs.)


Arik and I have not seen each other in 5 weeks and this weekend my cousin is getting married in Salt Lake. We were going to leave the kids with grandma and grandpa and then have a date night on our way down to Salt Lake. Enjoy a day together and then come back late tomorrow night. Two kid free nights!!!!!
That was the plan. A couple of fires decided to pop up yesterday and so Arik is on call in case they need him so no trip to Salt Lake with me and no date night. Arik felt so bad that on his lunch today he brought me...

Now I am not usually a flowers girl but they made me feel special and hopefully before school starts we can have a night just us. M husband is the greatest and I am so very lucky to have him. I love you sweetheart!!

No comments: