Yes, it is the greatest time of the year again, football season. What a way to start. GO BYU!! That game was awesome. Our defense was amazing holding their star QB to 10-14 for 96 yards and 1 TD. True he got hurt and couldn't come back but they were great!!! Some respect for the MWC!! (Rob did you cheer for the Cougars). My parents went to the game and told me all about it. So much fun!! They bought the family matching BYU shirts just for this game. When my mom handed Arik his shirt the conversation went the follwing:
Mom: Arik, I know you hate BYU but would you for one game wear this shirt.
Arik: Which game?
Mom: The first of the season and then you don't have to wear it again.
Arik: Who are they playing?
Mom: Oklahoma.
Arik: (long pause, deep breath) If there was a team I hate worse then the Cougars it would be the Sooners. Okay I will.
Saturday we headed to some friends house to watch the game. Arik wore his UTAH shirt under the BYU shirt so that he could have the correct team close to his heart and the minute the game ended, the blue shirt was off. Thanks sweetie for wearing the shirt for 3 whole hours. Arik wouldn't let me get a pic of it.
Also, this week the NFL starts. My Broncos are going to get thier bums beat hard this year so I am ready to take all the crap from everyone (Rob). Also, our fantasy football has started again and I am ready to take down ROB!!! (Anyone see a theme, Rob). It is a fun time of year. All the upsets, all the excitement and all the cheering. just wonderful!!!
Also, Arik didn't want me to mention it but we got a new van. Okay it is not new. We got a 2005 Pontiac Montana (which Brookelyn calls the Hanna Montana van). Sorry no pics. And just so everyone does not have to ask us. NO we are not pregnant. We found this van for a great deal and decided to go for it. We wish we needed the van but for right now we are settling for being grateful that we were able to get one.
Bring on all the trash talking and all the hype. I am ready for some football!!!!!
2 comments:
Welcome to the van clan! I know you were dreading joining in but I hope you like it anyways! Someday we'll be rich enough to upgrade, right?!?
I am not a huge BYU fan but I was excited to see them win. At least it was a good game. Who does Arik root for in the NFL? Is he a fellow Broncos fan?
Post a Comment